Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Acer Display Strikes Out at Trout University

I wanted a LED display to ease the eye strain as I use the computer so much. So I ordered a new 22" Acer from NewEgg and I was delighted when it arrived. Soon, my delight turned to disappointment however, when I discovered that the controls did not function.

This is where the fun began as I attempted to reach Acer, but I finally got their help number by registering. My call went directly to Bombay and I was on hold for 20 mins. After that the man came on the line and asked me all the information that I had already input including the 25 numbers and letters in the S/R number.

After a lot of discussion, he finally agreed that the display did indeed malfunction and he asked me to return it to Texas for repair with me paying the $20 in shipping. He said that it was procedure for the buyer to pay and I told him that my procedure was that I expected a product to work when I purchased it. Furthermore, if I wanted junk, I knew I could find it in the local landfill. I kept asking to talk to his manager, but he refused.

While this was going on, I multitsked by contacting NewEgg in their chat room and they gladly paid for me to return it for a full credit. I just hung up on the berry pine guy in Bombay. Never, never buy Acer! Does anyone have a good LCD display to suggest?

No comments: